The most important thing you can do to promote yourself as a author is to have a website. But whether you’ve been writing for years or you’re just starting out, creating and maintaining a website can seem like a daunting task. Luckily, Swank Web Design is here to help with our Author Website Design package.
We use WordPress to create a website that’s completely customized to your needs. Not only does WordPress have an intuitive interface, but we’ll help make adding new books, photos, pages or blog posts as simple as a few clicks of your mouse and keyboard. Whether you want a simple website with a few pages or a larger website with a blog, your site will be easy to maintain, either by yourself or with our continued help. You’ll control the entire site from one easy to use administration area which saves you time and money and lets you focus on the most important thing: your writing!
Swank Web Design has worked with many New York Times and USA Today Best-Selling Authors, we have extensive experience creating websites for:
- Romance Authors
- YA Authors
- Children’s book Authors
Whether you need a brand new website with web hosting or just want to refresh your current website we’ll work with you to most efficiently promote your work and broaden your readership.
View recent examples in our portfolio »
Custom Author Website Design – Starts at $1950
Just for Authors:
- A customized post editor created so Authors can quickly and easily add new books, including covers, excerpts, links to booksellers, reviews and other information all in once single place.
- A homepage that features your recent and new releases, as well as prominent social media links, blog posts and newsletter sign-up form so your readers can easily connect with you.
- Three custom designed page templates:
- Books page which lists all book covers along with other information like titles, release dates and series.
- Individual book pages which include the cover copy, excerpt, review quotes, bookseller links and other information.
- Interior pages (about, contact, etc.)
- One custom category and category page template – Great for organizing your books by series or type. For instance, each series would have it’s own page with all books in the series listed for easy browsing. Multiple custom categories can be set-up at additional cost.
Design & Development:
- A responsive, mobile-friendly website built just for you.
Branding & Social Media:
- Basic Logo – Your name in a carefully selected and uniquely styled typeface.
- Social media buttons and favicon
- Contact form
- WordPress installation and set up
- Site analytics and search engine optimization
- Up to 5 plugins of your choice (excluding premium plugins)
- WordPress tutorial and email support
Blog – $500
A custom blog that matches the design of your site. Includes:
- RSS feed and email subscription
- Easy to update, widget-enabled sidebar
Post import from Blogger or WordPress.com – $50
Includes automatic redirect from your old blog to the new site
Premium plugins or scripts – starts at $100
- Photo Gallery
- Event Calendar
Premium Logo – starts at $300
Twitter or Facebook cover image – $50
Newsletter set-up and template – $150
Mailchimp newsletter template – $100
Business Cards – starts at $150
Bookmark or Stationery design – starts at $100
Hosting and Domains:
Web hosting – starting at $6/month More Info »
Domain registration – $12.50/year More Info »
Managed WordPress hosting – starting at $11/month More Info »
You’ll get an easy to use WordPress website or blog and we’ll do all the work of maintaining it to keep it secure and up to date.